Sunday, July 3, 2011

7 Promises From God In The Bible

God's promises are reassuring to all Christians and can be upliting to hear. If you are reading this you are looking for a powerful topic and that is the truth found through God's promises. Check out this list of promises from God for help in understanding great biblical truths.

7 Promises From God In the Bible

  • Promise of Salvation

Romans 10:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

  • Promise of A Future

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

  • Promise That The Bible is True
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

  • Promise of Heaven
Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

  • Promise of God's Love Forever
Romans 8:37-39  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  • Promise of Eternal Life
John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.

  • Promise of Wisdom for Those That Ask
James 1:5 , 6If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.”

I hope these Bible verses were helpful to you today. For more on Bible verses by topic check out these Bible verses about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment